CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, March 07, 2009

My First Fill

So I went in for my first fill last Monday, and it was interesting. I went in and they had me drink a barium swallow. They found my port and marked it with a marker. Then they gave me a lidocane shot, which didn't hurt at all because I'm numb down there anyway. Then they stuck the needle in to my port and filled me up! I had to have the assistant talk to me while she did it because I was so nervous. I didn't know what to expect. I go in next week for my next fill. The lady said she likes to do a fill every two weeks for the first few months.

For everyone wanting an update on me, I'm doing great! I haven't had any lasting side effects. One thing I noticed was that it's difficult to drink from a water fountain. I can do it, but after a while, the air starts building up, and I start burping. That's another thing. I'm very burpy. And I have finally made it to ONEderland! Never again will I be in the TERRIBLE TWOS! :)

Don't forget to comment!

3 comments:

Brian Hall said...

Crazy, I had no idea you hadn't had a "fill" yet. Very interesting. Hopefully things continue to go well. Congrats on being out of the terrible twos. :-)

Kendra said...

Awesome!!!! In the ones!!! Congratulations. I bet you're getting all svelte and stuff. Can't wait to see you next month.
-K

Emily B. said...

ha ha. Who knew drinking out of a drinking fountain would be HARD. And I hope that you have at least one big lasting side effect...weight loss!