CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Well....Hmmm.....I don't know....

So it's been a week out, and the scales have definitely been kind! :)

It's been an interesting week. But let me start at the beginning.

Day 1: Got to the hospital and did all the rigamoral (how do you spell THAT?). Just while I was in pre-op, which wasn't very long, I think I peed about 5 times. Then my absolutely amazing looking doctor came in and took me away! But our getaway wasn't how I usually imagined it! Hahaha! Just kidding! It was very interesting to be wheeled in to the room. IT WAS FREEZING! But they got some heated blankets on me really quickly, and that felt so good! Then I recognized the assistant surgeon. This is how our conversation played out:

Me: Hey I remember you!
Her: No response
Me: ........zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

The next thing I remembered was waking up. My back hurt so bad! But they gave me some ice chips, which felt really good in my incredibly dry mouth. I was in and out of sleep for a while, but I do remember talking to the nurse guy. I think I said something like, "You probably hear the craziest things from people, huh?" and "This is a random question, but do you like working here?" I think my comments were added to the Crazy Things People Say list for that guy. But he was nice about it and totally responded to my questions! Poor thing!

Then they wheeled me to my room, and I slept longer. I was lucky enough to have Mom and Dad, Emily and Graydon, Maggie, Maurie, Stephanie, and Krista come visit me in the hospital. Their visits were greatly appreciated!

Well, I'm falling asleep. I'm going to have to write more later. Bye! Please comment!

6 comments:

becca said...

Haha I remember coming to after getting my wisdom teeth out. I told the nurse in my room that I had a large tooth stuck in my throat about 8 times. She kept saying there wasn't a tooth there but I really thought they dropped one down my throat. I also told a woman in the elevator that I liked her purse. I really didn't but it had a horse on it :) Anesthesia is so fun!

Brian Hall said...

It's so weird coming out of anesthesia. You seem to be doing fairly well. Hope everything is going OK. Love, -B

KandyJill said...

Tara!! I had no idea you were having surgery! How did it go? How are things going now that you're healing!?! I want to hear all about it and how your feeling now! Anyway... glad to see you have a blog. i love finding more friends in the blogger world! :D Be sure to check mine out. I've been sucking at posting in the last month, but hopefully that'll change in the near future!! Miss ya. Hope you are doing wonderfully!

DeAna said...

Tara, I applaud you on your decision that will bring you closer to your ultimate goal. I'm Kristy's sister-in-law BTW. I love your blog. You are so articulate and funny. I am a fan.
Good luck, hang in there, you can do it!

Sara and Wade Jacobsen said...

Tara. I love you. I haven't seen you in a million years. I hope you are recovering well. We should probably be friends again.

Sara Nixon Jacobsen

Kendra said...

Tara. Oh my pahtootie pie. I love you! I wish I could have come visit you in the hospital and brought you "smutty" magazines like People and In Style. I know I'm always the one to get on your case....but...I NEED an UPDATE!