CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 22, 2008

Radioactive-ness...

So, since it's been a VERY long time since I've posted anything, and with a little nudging from Kendra, I have decided to talk about the experience I had today. I have been having a lot of pain in my bunion area. And it's not the normal pain that I had before my surgery. We're talking fire, aching, 1000 needles, stuff like that. Well, after a long road of trying to figure out what it was, my doctor told me to have a bone scan done.

Bone scans are when they inject radioactive tracer into your bloodstream. The tracer quickly flows into the soft tissue in your body. They take pictures with this special machine that's almost like an MRI machine. Then they tell you to come back three or four hours later, because by then, the tracer will have settled in to your bones. If there are any fractures or breaks, even ones that have healed, or some area of trouble, they will show up on the screen as "hot spots". You are then able to see where the pain is coming from.

Well, I had mine done today, so for the next 12 hours, I will be radioactive. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to leap quickly across the room or have objects move. However, I did have an incident in the bathtub. I was just sitting there reading, minding my own business, when a huge jar filled with glass shards (I promise, it's a decoration!) fell into the tub. I didn't touch anything, and it was pretty far from the edge. (Twilight Zone Theme Song Plays)

It was really interesting to see all these little dots moving around in my foot. We'll see what the doctor says!

Please, people, don't forget to comment! I love comments! Plus, I want to see who is actually looking at my blog. Thanks!

11 comments:

Missy Gebert said...

Hey Tara
I hope you find out whats wrong with your foot! I would say you were magnetic and the glass tumbled toward you but it is glass not metal...oh yea.

Brian Hall said...

Dude, freaky! Do you have pics of the radioactive scan? I hope they find out what's wrong.

PerryParty3 said...

glass shards are decorations now?! Weird! Hope everything goes okay with your foot!

Kristy said...

Hey girlie! I love the fall look to your blog. We love fall, don't we?

All your horsie pictures are really cool. Did you get a good grade in that class?

I need to see the pictures of the bone scan. So what's next?

Gary Church said...

That radioactive stuff is freaky ... Ryan had that done at 4 1/2 months old before his kidney surgery ... except, they didn't send us home and tell us to come back. They laid him on an MRI bed and injected the stuff ... and then we watched it slowly begin to show up on the monitor ... very weird stuff! I was afraid to touch his wet dipey when I changed him afterward.

Good luck with your freaky, radioactive, bunioned foot! lol. :D

mk said...

You updated! Yay! Love the fall layout! Make sure to update again and tell us what's going on with you. I would have FREAKED if your Twilight Zone experience happened to me!

Camille said...

i have read your blog. your radioctiveness scares me.

Alicia said...

So, one time this guy was injected with radioactive dye and he died later, (Not anything related- car accident I think) and they actually had to keep the body in holding until the half-life of the radioactive dye had passed. pretty funny stuff. :)
Hope your bunion feels better. :)

Amanda said...

you never comment on my blog!

Kendra said...

Ok, so I haven't checked your blog in a while cause I just gave up. Good update, but I need a follow up! Any breaks? What are they going to do to fix you up? And really weird about the glass thing falling in the bath. And I like that you were minding your own business in the bath tub and not messin' around in other people business while in the bath tub.

Sara and Wade Jacobsen said...

I read you blog! Miss you girl.